This Policy applies only to the Site and not to any other third party websites/content you may view through links on the Site. Such third party websites/content are not owned or managed by us and therefore, we strongly encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms of the concerned third party websites if you choose to access them through the Site.
1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW
- A. Data regarding access and use of the Site: Certain information is collected automatically when you visit the Site to read or browse through material or to download information. This includes IP addresses or domain names of computers you use to connect to the Site, internet address of the site from which you linked to the Site, date and time you accessed the Site as well as browser software and other parameters regarding your operating system and the IT environment.
- B. Data voluntarily provided by users: We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide us (eg. your name, contact information etc.) by sending an email to an address provided on the Site, filling out a form or placing an order through the Site, or accessing your unique client portal (if applicable). You are not required to provide any of this information but your refusal to do so will make it difficult, and at times, impossible for us to respond to your communication or enquiry. If you provide any personal information to us that does not belong to you but relates to other people, you represent and undertake that you have the authority to do so and you have obtained necessary consents from such third party data subjects.
- C. Data collected by cookies: Like most commercial website owners, Leak Detection Associates uses what is known as “cookie” technology. Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store certain preferences and information, which may enhance your browsing experience on the Site. For details on data processing carried out by cookies, please review the section titled “Cookies” below.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- a) To pursue our legitimate interests which include (i) ensuring network and information system security;(ii) understanding how our website is used and identifying any issues or problems associated with the usage of the Site or with specific devices used to access the Site; and (iii) developing and improving our products and services.
- b) To respond to your enquiries and other communication, provide you with requested information, process your orders and deliver products and services to you.
3. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Our information security system comprises of technical, administrative and physical safeguards designed to preserve the security and integrity of your personal information and protect it from unauthorized access or use. Your personal information will be processed only by persons authorized by us for one or more of the purposes described in Section 2 above. We will also retain your personal information only for such time as is required or permitted in connection with the above mentioned purposes.
4. TRANSFERS AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
This Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States and the information collected through the Site is stored on servers located in the United States. Transfers outside the United States will be made in compliance with applicable laws. However, your personal information collected through the Site will not be distributed or transferred by us to third parties, except as outlined below:
- (i) We may disclose your personal information to certain third parties contracted to carry out specific services for us or with whom we collaborate in delivering products and services to you. Such disclosures will be made only for the purposes mentioned in Section 2 above and pursuant to contracts which require such third parties to undertake obligations to protect your information pursuant to the same principles as outlined in this Policy.
Cookies are small text files placed in your computer browser by the website you visit, where they are memorized in order to be sent back later to the site during your subsequent visits. By storing your online preferences, cookies can enhance your user experience and also help us improve the Site.
Your web browser may be set to automatically accept cookies. But you can change your browser settings to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies, block cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your browser. You can learn how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies by accessing the “Help” section on your browser. If your browser is set to block cookies, the operation and functionality of the Site may be compromised and you may not be able to access all or certain parts of the Site. To find out more about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
On this Site, we use surfing cookies (by which it is possible to store preferences of surfing and to optimize experience of surfing by user) and functionality cookies (used to start specific functions of the site and necessary to provide and to improve the service).
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- (i) access your personal information and have it corrected or deleted;
- (ii) object to any processing of your personal information on legitimate grounds;
- (iii) restrict our processing of your personal information, pending decisions on your objections or enquiries.
In order to exercise the aforementioned rights, you may write to us.
7. CONTACT US
This Site is managed and controlled by Leak Detection Associates parent company, PTI Inspection Systems, with its headquarter office located at 8 Skyline Drive, Hawthorne, NY 10532, United States of America. If you have any comments, questions or concerns regarding this Policy or the use of your personal information collected through the Site or if you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us.
8. POLICY UPDATES
This Policy may be amended and/or updated from time to time. If we intend to process your personal information for a purpose other than those indicated in Section 2, we will provide you, prior to that further processing, with information on those other purposes and shall carry out such data processing only in compliance with applicable law.